This website advertises the services of Noel Bruton, a UK-based independent consultant, trainer, interim manager, author and broadcaster specialising in IT Support management. He is the originator of several methods, concepts, algorithms, and terminology in common IT services management use and documented in his bestselling books. Bruton is held by industry bodies, press, vendors and clients as one of the world’s leading thinkers and practitioners in this field.
‘IT Support’ is rather more specific than generic ITSM. Where ITSM concerns itself with IT Services processes, Noel Bruton’s professional guidance goes beyond this constriction to focus also on getting the best out of the people who follow those processes, how those people get the best out of their jobs, and how to turn that blend into consistent service outcomes for the business.
Bruton’s approach to the management of IT service delivery is not just about IT’s internal bureaucracy, but covers the practicalities of running IT Support, in such a way that it produces numerically measurable success. The result is a better outcome for IT Support’s customers and a more rewarding place to work for IT Support staff, supervisors, team leaders, and managers. Noel Bruton sees IT Support as involving the whole of IT, not just the Servicedesk; wherever a technical problem may be resolved, and in particular the all-important second-line functions.
The technical groups in IT often have a varied workload. The reactive demands of IT Support can take resources away from the projects, maintenance, and development duties of those groups. Noel Bruton has devised and advocates specific methods to enable those groups to maintain productivity in all their functions, not just in responding to Servicedesk escalations.
Please feel free to explore the site via the menu at the top of your browser. See the ‘About’ page for a fuller description of Noel Bruton’s long and varied experience, and the ‘Testimonials‘ page for some of the industry and client acknowledgements of his services and capabilities.
Visit the ‘Services‘ section for descriptions of Noel Bruton’s public and private training seminars and workshops, his facilitation and consultancy services; or for using Noel Bruton as an interim IT Support manager to turn your support service into a world-class offering in a very short time.
- Article: ITIL in the Channel; Crucial or Irrelevant? – The world of external support, the domain of MSPs, VARs and Vendors has no real equivalent of the ITIL framework, simply because it doesn’t quite fit there. But does that make it irrelevant? A practical, business-oriented view.
- Training: External/Channel Support Workgroup Leader – supporting external customers brings its own challenges not catered for in conventional ITSM – this specialised course for ECSM professionals focuses on the support world of the vendor, VAR and MSP
- Article: ‘How Many IT People Does it Take to Change a Lightbulb?‘ – with ITSM’s inherent bias toward IT’s internal bureaucracy and processes rather than toward the actual quality and throughput of the service to the business, the number of people involved is no joke
- Article: ‘The Problem with the ‘Nice’ Manager‘ – it’s nice to be seen as ‘nice’. But being too ‘nice’ a manager can also impede your success. This article seeks to offer a resolution to The Problem with the Nice Manager.
- New training dates for 2018 click here for summary